Sherlock Holmes



I like Sherlock Holmes the character and Robert Downey the actor, I don't even mind Guy Ritchie although his directing style is extremely 90s, but I could smell a shitty smell when I watched the trailer. I hoped that whoever cut it together just went with a bad slapstick tone slow motion fist fight but alas this is a piece of shit.

Sherlock and his partner Watson  investigate some mysterious goings on including a man who has seemingly returned from the grave and a secret masonry cult. Sherlock runs into an old flame and has a slow motion fist fight along the way.

It's all very red bull and while Robert is an appealing shambles of a Sherlock you don't get the coolness or the misanthropy of  Doyle's character or the heroin for that matter.

Like each generation has their definitive Doctor Who, people who like Holmes would have their favourite actor who played him and for me it's Jeremy Brett the television Holmes, his Holmes and ranga Watson could beat Robert and Jude in a slow motion fist fight any day.