The Burbs

>
This is one of the movies I've watched the most along with Dead Poets Society, Real Genius and My Own Private Idaho. I decided to give them a rewatch starting with The Burbs from 1989.

Tom Hanks is on holiday but he doesn't want to go anywhere. He just wants to hang out in his white picket fence cul de sac home but there's some weird shit going down at his new neighbours house.

He becomes increasingly paranoid and obsessed with the Klopeks. Are they responsible for the missing dog? What are they burying in their backyard?

I enjoyed the rewatch but this time around I wish the ending played out differently with Tom's realisation of 'it's US not them!' being the final word instead of the last minute justification for their entitled, invasive, gun wielding, xenophobic actions.

YES - a beautiful day in the neighbourhood as long as you're cis white